email forwarding address..help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email forwarding address..help!

a user changing companies to our sister company. Different domain, Different location.

I was going to set the forwarding address to @sistercompany.com .. but will emails get caught on spam filters? because the reverse dns of that ip will point to our system and not mail.sistercompany.com

Also will incoming work?

Re: email forwarding address..help!

If I understand you, you are forwarding incoming email for the user from your server to the sister company address -- this should not be affected by spam filters any more than an email from you to your counterpart in the other company.

Outgoing email replies will come from the user's new address, i.e. the one you are forwarding to.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

how about those running reverse checks. because that email is not coming from our mail server.

Then what's stopping anyone from spoofing our email?
      Last edited by ldev; 28th March 2012, 21:37.

Comment

But the mail is not coming from you. A reply will come from [email protected] because that is the address you forwarded the incoming email to.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X