No announcement yet.

Auto Forwarding NDR to external address

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Forwarding NDR to external address

Hi all

I need to set up an automatic forward on an Exchange 2010 mailbox. The mail flow i would like to set up is the following:

[email protected]
    sends messages to many external addresses, and sometimes NDR messages are received back from some of these external addresses

the NDR messages received by [email protected] are meant to be forwarded to [email protected]

Actually, [email protected] isn't configured in any mail client application, it is instead only accessed via OWA. I already tried configuring some automatic forward rules from the OWA setup interface (for example: "forward messages containing the words "undeliverable", "impossible", to [email protected]), but the NDR messages are not forwarded.

Is there a way to set up such a workflow?

Thanks in Advance

Re: Auto Forwarding NDR to external address

If we are talking about Exchange 2007/2010 stop looking at the client side, look at Transport Rules instead. It's all there.

Re: Auto Forwarding NDR to external address

The behaviour of the rules in Outlook is what I would expect. Non Delivery reports are special system messages and you cannot set rules to them.

Transport rules might be able to do the job, it isn't something I have ever tried though.

Personally I would use Exchange for any kind of bulk emailing run which could generate NDRs that need to be processed, Using a dedicated service or application would be a better choice, which can also generate reports for you.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.