No announcement yet.

Measure email volume per user

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure email volume per user

Hi team,

I'm using Exchange 07 and Trendmicro for spam filter. We are looking for a tool to measure how mean email messages is our users send per day to external domain. And we want to know who is send the most email etc..

is there a tool that can do something like that?

Re: Measure email volume per user

sbs does measure the number of emails each mailbox sends and receives
    that means it's obvio0usly possible, although it doesn't show the domains they send to.

i don't know if it can be done out of the box though with "just" exchange.

it might be possible with Trend Micro, I don't know. Have you looked through the reporting options ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

PolicyPatrol does reporting at that sort of level, and I'm sure it could be done somehow using PowerShell queries, paerhaps in conjunction with a journal mailbox
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

The raw information is already available - message tracking.
        There are lots of utilities that can process the message tracking logs and produce reports. LogParser from Microsoft is one such tool, although complex to use.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

A few months ago I wrote a PowerShell script to get some metrics info out of Exchange 2010 and dump it to a SQL db. I'd be happy to share it with you but you'd need to modify it for 2007 and you'd need to filter out any internal email from the query.

Let me know if you're interested...

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

Hey JeremyW,
            I'm precisely looking for a Ex2010 script for this. Please share!

- J