URGENT:Exchange 2007 (SBS 2008) Server does not support secure connections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT:Exchange 2007 (SBS 2008) Server does not support secure connections

Been without emails now for over a week.

Receive the following error message in the mail troubleshooter:
    Mail submission failed: Error message: Server does not support secure connections.

The standard response to this problem is to ensure that you have a current certificate.

I have been able to run our SBS 2008 box for more than a year with a self-issued certificate, but then chose to purchase a certificate when I started to troubleshoot this problem.

The problem started after a change in SharePoint caused the web site to be down. During the repair process my web developer may have made some changes that I cannot now retrace.

I decided to purchase a certificate from Cert4Less over the weekend, after considerable troubleshooting I have eventually gotten to the point where the certificate is installed. I can access the remote web workplace without certificate errors.

I'm stilling not receiving emails.

I ran the troubleshooter again and am still receiving this error.

I'm losing business and my clients are losing faith in me since I cannot get my own emails working

Please help.

Re: URGENT:Exchange 2007 (SBS 200 Server does not support secure connections

How did you install the certificate? Did you use the wizard?

I recommend running the Setup your Internet address and Add trusted certificate wizards. (running these wizards will not remove any data or customizations)

I also recommend downloading and running the SBS 2008 BPA. Correct any issues it reports.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

anything change on the TLS Settings on receive connector?
      can u send email?

Comment

Yep, I can send mail. I don't think that any of the TLS settings were changed.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
          How did you install the certificate? Did you use the wizard?
          I used the wizard - but there were problems with this process initially. Successfully imported at the end though.

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
          I also recommend downloading and running the SBS 2008 BPA. Correct any issues it reports.
          Just ran it & will be correcting issues.

Will check back in when done.

Comment

It sounds like you have TLS only enabled on the Receive Connector. That will stop most email from coming through because they don't support TLS.
            Run the Fix My Network wizard in the SBS management console, that should fix most things.

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Okay, I have not resolved this yet. I have been trying different things so far, but what I have done is to put together a comprehensive document that details the steps I have taken and the problems so far.

I think that this will be a wonderful step by step guide to using DynDNS, Cert4Less and SBS 2008/2011 to get a trusted certificate working when the problem is eventually resolved.

I will then post it as a How-To once resolved.

In the meantime, click on the following hyperlink to get a 900k PDF file that turns out to be a detailed discussion of the problem and the steps taken so far if you would like to help me.

The How To post will acknowledge everyone that has advised or made any suggestions at all when this is eventually working.

To get the document please send me email address and i can email it to you since I cannot create a link to it here yet (I haven't created >5 posts yet)

Thanks again guys.

PS: I have sent this PDF document to a couple of people in my network who I hope will also become avid fans of Petri.co.il as a result of this

Comment

You have more than 5 posts now, so you should be able to post the link.
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Okay so the document I was talking about, if you would like to down it and review is:

http://www.theitclinic.biz/Opportuni...7-problems.pdf

Comment

have u tried,
                    1. on outlook, disabled RPC over HTTPS

2. using the exchange shell - Get-exchangecertificate, what is the outpput?

3. have you read this - http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archi...-sbs-2008.aspx

4. view the event log on client machine, is there any error on application log?

Comment

Just read your doc. You need to install the Intermediate certificates into the computer's Intermediate Certificate store.

To do so:
                      - Open an MMC
                      - Add the Certificates console and choose Computer Account -> Local Computer
                      - Right-click Intermediate Certificate Authorities, select All Tasks -> Import
                      - Browse to the Intermediate certificate file you downloaded and import it.

If you don't install the intermediate certificates then that breaks the certificate chain and therefore your certificate will be untrusted.
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Just finished reading your doc.
                        If you only have 5% of free disk space on the system volume this may trigger Exchange back pressure if this volume also holds your Exchange databases and/or log files. You should free up at least 15% for server health and performance.
                        Regards,
                        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                        X