Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Users only from exchange and not from Windows

Hi,
    I am searching for a solution to remove users from the exchange mailbox without removing them from the Windows and Domain user list.

I have read that they must be detatched and found a command in the Microsoft Tech Sites but I have not understood the syntax.

Which is the command and which are the parameter to detach an user to let it be deleted without affecting the Corresponding Windows/Domain User ?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe Chillemi

Re: Removing Users only from exchange and not from Windows

should be just:

Disable-Mailbox -identity "[email protected]"
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Giuseppe Chillemi View Post
      Hi,
      I am searching for a solution to remove users from the exchange mailbox without removing them from the Windows and Domain user list.

I have read that they must be detatched and found a command in the Microsoft Tech Sites but I have not understood the syntax.

Which is the command and which are the parameter to detach an user to let it be deleted without affecting the Corresponding Windows/Domain User ?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe Chillemi
      This can be easily accomplished as well from the Exchange Management Console. Simply select your users and choose disable. It calls exactly the same cmdlet as disable-mailbox which marks the mailbox for deletion but preserves the AD account.

Comment

In the EMC under Recipients; just right-click the user mailbox and choose disable. You will get a popup confirming just what you want to do.

Comment

Working...
        X