Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Exchange Scenario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Single Exchange Scenario

    Hello

    I have setup Xchange 2010 with basic roles except Edge Tranport

    I configured well for Internal mailing with /OWA

    Now i want to have and send mails from Internet

    Pls guide me steps to forward

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Single Exchange Scenario

    To send, create a connector (Hub Transport role)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb738138.aspx

    To receive:
    Set up port forwarding on your router to send SMTP (port 25) traffic to your exchange server
    Configure MX records on your public DNS server to point to your public IP
    If you have not created an address policy / accepted domain for your public domain name, do so now
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Single Exchange Scenario

      Yes

      Thank you my dear friend for imp info

      I m going to do stuff after 2-3 days
      I think may jumble on send receive connector ,will contact again

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Single Exchange Scenario

        Originally posted by pashukla View Post
        Yes

        Thank you my dear friend for imp info

        I m going to do stuff after 2-3 days
        I think may jumble on send receive connector ,will contact again

        Hello

        I have setup exchange server with the same AD domain name , which i hold on public network with godaddy

        I setup EXchange 2010 , did MX record and Record A on Godaddy's DNS server(public) ,
        Now i m able to send mails to outside world , but i couldnot receive any from Internet

        I have done port 25 forward on firewall

        Pls guide , wheter i have mistaken any config step

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Single Exchange Scenario

          So you have now configured the receive connector as advised by Sembee?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Single Exchange Scenario

            Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            So you have now configured the receive connector as advised by Sembee?
            Receive connector is configured

            but not able to receive anything

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Single Exchange Scenario

              Public MX records set up?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                In addition to Ossian, and the Public DNX MX records point to the external IP address of the FireWall that redirects external port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server that the receive connector is tied to?

                It is worth using this tool.

                https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                  Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                  In addition to Ossian, and the Public DNX MX records point to the external IP address of the FireWall that redirects external port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server that the receive connector is tied to?

                  It is worth using this tool.

                  https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
                  Yes

                  Firewall port 25 is forwarded to Internal IP of Exchange server

                  Able to tracert public IP
                  But not able to telnet on port 25
                  firewall setting is ok accroding to firewall expert

                  anything else need to be checked ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                    Originally posted by pashukla View Post
                    Yes

                    Firewall port 25 is forwarded to Internal IP of Exchange server

                    Able to tracert public IP
                    But not able to telnet on port 25
                    firewall setting is ok accroding to firewall expert

                    anything else need to be checked ?
                    By the way provided very useful link to test exchange remote connectivity
                    Thank you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                      No probs. It is provided in the Exchange 2010 EMC toolbox now as well as a link.

                      Can you telnet to it internally? What OS are you using to telnet from? If Windows 7 you'll need to activate the telnet client feature.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                        Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                        No probs. It is provided in the Exchange 2010 EMC toolbox now as well as a link.

                        Can you telnet to it internally? What OS are you using to telnet from? If Windows 7 you'll need to activate the telnet client feature.
                        I have used AD domain name same as my public domain name

                        like domain.com , Is this a issue ?

                        I m also not able to telnet port 25

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                          That is fine. Ensure that it is configured as an Accepted Domain in Exchange. You have a split DNS scenario, so ensure you configure DNS as appropriate.

                          What OS are you telnetting from and what command do you use? For example, telnet Internal IP address of the Exchange server 25, so say the internal IP used on the Exchange server and by the receive connector and therefore the internal IP that your Firewall redirects external port 25 traffic to, is 192.168.10.10, the command would be: telnet 192.168.10.10 25. If telnet isn't even working internally, it sounds as if there is a configuration issue. Have you allowed anonymous access on the pport traffic receive connector? When you telnet, what error do you get?
                          Last edited by Virtual; 11th February 2012, 13:24.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                            Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                            That is fine. Ensure that it is configured as an Accepted Domain in Exchange. You have a split DNS scenario, so ensure you configure DNS as appropriate.

                            What OS are you telnetting from and what command do you use? For example, telnet Internal IP address of the Exchange server 25, so say the internal IP used on the Exchange server and by the receive connector and therefore the internal IP that your Firewall redirects external port 25 traffic to, is 192.168.10.10, the command would be: telnet 192.168.10.10 25. If telnet isn't even working internally, it sounds as if there is a configuration issue. Have you allowed anonymous access on the pport traffic receive connector? When you telnet, what error do you get?

                            Thank you all off you

                            I m able to send and receive mails from Single Exchange Scenario , both Internal and External


                            Now only problem is that i cannot use https://domain/OWA from internet
                            it is working fine internal network

                            Pls point the area where i can check

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Single Exchange Scenario

                              Originally posted by pashukla View Post
                              Thank you all off you

                              I m able to send and receive mails from Single Exchange Scenario , both Internal and External


                              Now only problem is that i cannot use https://domain/OWA from internet
                              it is working fine internal network

                              Pls point the area where i can check
                              Glad to hear it.

                              You will need to configure your OWA external URL within EMC. This should be the name to be used externally by OWA. You will also need to ensure SSL is configured with a 3rd party certificate, which includes specific URLs. This is documented on Technet.

                              You would then place a host record in your external DNS that points to the external IP of your FireWall that will redirect requests for the external OWA URL to the Exchange server. In effect, the URL would be host.DomainName/OWA.... For example, https://mail.ExternalDomainName/OWA.

                              Do you have an ISA or Forefont TMG box?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X