• Single Exchange Scenario

Hello

I have setup Xchange 2010 with basic roles except Edge Tranport

I configured well for Internal mailing with /OWA

Now i want to have and send mails from Internet

Pls guide me steps to forward

Thanks

Re: Single Exchange Scenario

To send, create a connector (Hub Transport role)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb738138.aspx

To receive:
    Set up port forwarding on your router to send SMTP (port 25) traffic to your exchange server
    Configure MX records on your public DNS server to point to your public IP
    If you have not created an address policy / accepted domain for your public domain name, do so now
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes

Thank you my dear friend for imp info

I m going to do stuff after 2-3 days
      I think may jumble on send receive connector ,will contact again

Comment

Originally posted by pashukla View Post
        Yes

Thank you my dear friend for imp info

I m going to do stuff after 2-3 days
        I think may jumble on send receive connector ,will contact again

Hello

I have setup exchange server with the same AD domain name , which i hold on public network with godaddy

I setup EXchange 2010 , did MX record and Record A on Godaddy's DNS server(public) ,
        Now i m able to send mails to outside world , but i couldnot receive any from Internet

I have done port 25 forward on firewall

Pls guide , wheter i have mistaken any config step

Comment

So you have now configured the receive connector as advised by Sembee?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            So you have now configured the receive connector as advised by Sembee?
            Receive connector is configured

but not able to receive anything

Comment

Public MX records set up?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In addition to Ossian, and the Public DNX MX records point to the external IP address of the FireWall that redirects external port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server that the receive connector is tied to?

It is worth using this tool.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Comment

In addition to Ossian, and the Public DNX MX records point to the external IP address of the FireWall that redirects external port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server that the receive connector is tied to?

It is worth using this tool.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
                  Yes

Firewall port 25 is forwarded to Internal IP of Exchange server

Able to tracert public IP
                  But not able to telnet on port 25
                  firewall setting is ok accroding to firewall expert

anything else need to be checked ?

Comment

Yes

Firewall port 25 is forwarded to Internal IP of Exchange server

Able to tracert public IP
                    But not able to telnet on port 25
                    firewall setting is ok accroding to firewall expert

anything else need to be checked ?
                    By the way provided very useful link to test exchange remote connectivity
                    Thank you

Comment

No probs. It is provided in the Exchange 2010 EMC toolbox now as well as a link.

Can you telnet to it internally? What OS are you using to telnet from? If Windows 7 you'll need to activate the telnet client feature.

Comment

No probs. It is provided in the Exchange 2010 EMC toolbox now as well as a link.

Can you telnet to it internally? What OS are you using to telnet from? If Windows 7 you'll need to activate the telnet client feature.
                        I have used AD domain name same as my public domain name

like domain.com , Is this a issue ?

I m also not able to telnet port 25

Comment

That is fine. Ensure that it is configured as an Accepted Domain in Exchange. You have a split DNS scenario, so ensure you configure DNS as appropriate.

What OS are you telnetting from and what command do you use? For example, telnet Internal IP address of the Exchange server 25, so say the internal IP used on the Exchange server and by the receive connector and therefore the internal IP that your Firewall redirects external port 25 traffic to, is 192.168.10.10, the command would be: telnet 192.168.10.10 25. If telnet isn't even working internally, it sounds as if there is a configuration issue. Have you allowed anonymous access on the pport traffic receive connector? When you telnet, what error do you get?
                          Last edited by Virtual; 11th February 2012, 13:24.

Comment

That is fine. Ensure that it is configured as an Accepted Domain in Exchange. You have a split DNS scenario, so ensure you configure DNS as appropriate.

What OS are you telnetting from and what command do you use? For example, telnet Internal IP address of the Exchange server 25, so say the internal IP used on the Exchange server and by the receive connector and therefore the internal IP that your Firewall redirects external port 25 traffic to, is 192.168.10.10, the command would be: telnet 192.168.10.10 25. If telnet isn't even working internally, it sounds as if there is a configuration issue. Have you allowed anonymous access on the pport traffic receive connector? When you telnet, what error do you get?

Thank you all off you

I m able to send and receive mails from Single Exchange Scenario , both Internal and External

Now only problem is that i cannot use https://domain/OWA from internet
                            it is working fine internal network

Pls point the area where i can check

Comment

Thank you all off you

I m able to send and receive mails from Single Exchange Scenario , both Internal and External

Now only problem is that i cannot use https://domain/OWA from internet
                              it is working fine internal network

Pls point the area where i can check
                              Glad to hear it.

You will need to configure your OWA external URL within EMC. This should be the name to be used externally by OWA. You will also need to ensure SSL is configured with a 3rd party certificate, which includes specific URLs. This is documented on Technet.

You would then place a host record in your external DNS that points to the external IP of your FireWall that will redirect requests for the external OWA URL to the Exchange server. In effect, the URL would be host.DomainName/OWA.... For example, https://mail.ExternalDomainName/OWA.

Do you have an ISA or Forefont TMG box?

Comment

Working...
                              X