Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA access from Internal

Hi All

I am in a little bit of confusion and looking for some help, I have a home Network in a VMWARE ESXi 5.0 environment.
    1) 1 Domain controller - server dhcp, dns
    2) 1 Exch 2010

My Internal domain name is domain.local
    My Externam domain name is domain.org

My Internal exch server name is = server.domain.local

my outlook webaddres from external = https://mail.domain.org/owa
    if i type in the external web address from inside the lan, i get error.

for the external address to work internally i need to do some dns change and thats where i am stuck ..

my current dns has forwarder look up zoen "domain.local" where i have a A record "server.domain.local = internal IP address"

do i need to create another forward lookup zone and name that zone"domain.org" then create an A record with the name "mail.domain.org = internal mail server ip address" ? is that all i need to do? have been reading technet about split dns but getting stuck on how to create this..

thanks in advance for help, much appreciated

Re: OWA access from Internal

Your options are:
    1) use different addresses from inside and outside the LAN -- the certificate would need to reflect this

2) create a local DNS zone for either domain.org or more specifically mail.domain.org and point it at the server's private IP
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi just try dropping the S off https: as from internal you should not need the certificate, please let me know if this worked for you, thanks.

Comment

OWA will use HTTPS by default, and if you disable it, it will be insecure on both internal and external access. It must be specifically disabled in IIS

I agree you do not need a certificate as you trust the internal server, but your method will not work
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X