Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add user to have full access to all mailbox

Hello team,

I wonder why this command is still not working for me? I ran successfully but I still can't access individual mailbox.. am I missing something?

Get-MailboxDatabase -identity [mailbox database name] | Add-ADPermission -user [username] -AccessRights GenericAll

Thanks,
    HN

Re: Add user to have full access to all mailbox

i'm fiairly sure that only adds permission to the database

try this:

Get-Mailbox | Add-MailboxPermission -accessRights "FullAccess" -User 'WhoNeedsAccess'

Alternately, you could crete a group, that way you cdan add and change people in the group as necessary
    Don't forgoet to pay consideration to your privacy policies...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

yes right now Im trying to test on my account before I can add a group.. You are 100% that group would be the easiest way to manage it.

after I ran the command bellow, it the command is ran but I still can't access the mailbox. I went into one of the mailbox and pull up the "Manage Full Access Permission" I dont see myself listed under the Security Principal.

Any other sugesstion?

Thanks,
      HN

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      i'm fiairly sure that only adds permission to the database

try this:

Get-Mailbox | Add-MailboxPermission -accessRights "FullAccess" -User 'WhoNeedsAccess'

Alternately, you could crete a group, that way you cdan add and change people in the group as necessary
      Don't forgoet to pay consideration to your privacy policies...

Comment

Based on permission granted to Blackberry service accounts following the instructions given by RIM (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...962758_11.jsp; Get-MailboxDatabase | Add-ADPermission -User "BESAdmin" -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin), I would say it works for databases too.

Since Blackberry is working fine with this configuration, I guess this will work for other accounts too, it will just not be listed under "Full Mailbox Access" tab.

I haven't tested this but it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
        X