Backup Exec 2010 R3 not backing up Exchange 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Exec 2010 R3 not backing up Exchange 2010

Getting the following errors when trying to backup Exchange 2010 SP1 (on SBS) from a Windows 2003 x64 machine running Backup Exec 2010 R3. Everything is fully patched.

Backup- \\BETA\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database 2011052610V-79-57344-65146 - An error occurred while accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. Check the application event log on the Exchange Server for more details.

V-79-57344-65146 - An error occurred while accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. Check the application event log on the Exchange Server for more details.

Backup- \\BETA\Microsoft Information Store\Public Folder Database 0432979472V-79-57344-65146 - An error occurred while accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. Check the application event log on the Exchange Server for more details.

V-79-57344-65146 - An error occurred while accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. Check the application event log on the Exchange Server for more details.

I tried a job with just Exchange and it fails after 40 seconds. I don't see anything in the application log on either machine. Exchange seems to be running fine and the BPA is clean. I *think* this was working before SP1....I have not been at this client for a long time and they were not even getting backups...seem to be walking into a mess. This was an SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 migration.

Re: Backup Exec 2010 R3 not backing up Exchange 2010

And what does the Application Log say?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

does your backup exec service account have a mailbox on the serverr?
      does the backup exec service account have appropriate permissions to the infostore ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Have you got GRT turned on in Backup Exec? That needs extra permissions over a standard IS backup.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X