Upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades

I currently have one Win2k3 R2, Standard x64 server running, Exchange 2007, all fully updated and full functional since June 2008.

Now my main quesiton is I want to do a inplace upgrade of the OS to win2k8, R2, standard x64 and Exchange 2010, can this be done, or am I better off with a new server that has win2k8 R2, standard x64 already installed and then installing Exchange 2010 and migrating old to new?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Upgrades

You cannot do an implace upgrade of Exchange -- only options are to introduce a new server in the existing exchange organisation or (far worse) uninstall Exchange completely, then do a fresh 2010 install
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Freaken MS nothing is ever simple...sheesh!

Comment

additional question, what about all the changes since 2008 on our current exchange, is it possible to migrate that over to the new, besides migrating inboxes? also the cert?

I gues I would have to start from scratch, then migrate inboxes only...

Comment

IMHO best away is "by the book":
          Use the Exchange Deployment Assistant and follow through your exact environment:
          http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...ult.aspx#Index
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X