Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Web Access + ISA

Greetings,
    Today I needed to change the internal IP address of the ISA server, and now OWA is not working. It won't validate the user.
    Any hint on were to start troubleshooting this?
    Cheers

Re: Outlook Web Access + ISA

Does OWA work internally?
    Have you changed the default gateway on the Exchange server and flushed it's DNS cache?
    Check the security event logs on ISA, it should tell you why the user couldn't be authenticated.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Greetings,

OWA does not work internally. I will only be at the company next Monday, but I tried with a VPN connection, remote session on a local machine there, and it will give me the same error after username and password are inserted.

Error Code: 408. The operation timed out. The remote server did not
      respond within the set time allowed. The server might be unavailable
      at this time. Try again later or contact the server administrator.
      (12002)

THe IP address on the ISA server was changed because we installed a Fortigate 200B firewall. After configuration, the ISA ip address went to the firewall and ISA got another IP.

No configuration was made on other servers.

Comment

If I understand that right, it'll never work. You have inbound connections on one IP address (ISA External) that are attempting to be answered through another (Fortigate External) because the default gateway is no longer the ISA Server for the internal servers.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

that error message you described is an ISA error message.
          So, when doing it internally, it's still trying to force it through the ISA server.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X