Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot open EMS or EMC in exchange 2010

Hi
    In the middle of migrating from 2003 to 2010 and at the weekend I tried to make the 2010 server the internet facing server, nearly got it but a issue with Outlook over RPC to the exchange 2003 server mailboxes.

I rolled back to the exchange 2003 server being internet facing while I looked into the issue above more but now I cannot open EMS or EMC.
    I eventually get a error in EMC stating:

The following error occored when getting management role assignement for glb.domain.com/users/administrator

Processing data from the remote server failed with the the following error message: The WinRm client cannot complete the operation within the Time specified.

and various warnings in the application logs - see below

Process edgetransport.exe () (PID=4236). Object CN=ABZMAIL1,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.
    Process edgetransport.exe () (PID=4236). Object <GUID=667b4022-9b9d-4ad7-a32c-111853ed66c5> was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.
    Process MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe () (PID=3092). Object CN=Public Folder Database 0741865637,CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue
    Process Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe (PID=3604). Object CN=ABZMAIL1,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.
    Process Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe (PID=3604). Object CN=Public Folder Database 0741865637,CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.
    Process edgetransport.exe () (PID=4236). Object CN=Public Folder Database 0741865637,CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.
    Process SMEX_SystemWatcher.exe () (PID=1780). Object CN=Public Folder Database 0741865637,CN=Databases,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission
    Process msexchangerepl.exe (PID=336. Object CN=ABZMAIL1,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Prosafe Offshore,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=glb,DC=pr osafe,DC=com was not found on the Domain Controller abzdc2.glb.prosafe.com. This may indicate a replication or permission issue.

As part of the transition I did at the weekend I set up OWA redirect follwing the link and have reset back but could this have broken IIS Powershell.

Re: Cannot open EMS or EMC in exchange 2010

What exactly did you do for this redirect?
    The only kind of redirect that should be done is a HTTP file redirect. Anything done in IIS will break functionality. That is probably what has happened with your configuration. Cleaning it up is going to be a mess.

Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
    X