Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Outlook 2010 act as Outlook 2003

Hi,
    I would like to know whether it is possible to make Outlook 2010 act as Outlook 2003 agent. My admin has blocked Outlook 2010 from Exchange.

Please answer if you have an idea and not to tell me i should not try to do this.

thank you

donnib

Re: Make Outlook 2010 act as Outlook 2003

If your admin has done it right, there is no way around this blocking.

Btw. which Exchange version we are talking about?

Comment

He has done it right i believe

Exchange 2010 i believe it is. 14.1.218.0

I thought i could change the User Agent or something like that. Make it think i am an iphone or outlook 2003, something i know is allowed.

Comment

I don't think you can set Outllok 2010 to behave like Outlook 2010. Maybe you can use Pop 3 if you only need the mail, but I guess this isn't what you want.

I think it's time to convince your admin to allow Outlook 2010 since this is the best client for Exchange 2010 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
          I don't think you can set Outllok 2010 to behave like Outlook 2010. Maybe you can use Pop 3 if you only need the mail, but I guess this isn't what you want.

I think it's time to convince your admin to allow Outlook 2010 since this is the best client for Exchange 2010 anyways.
          yeah i was kind of expecting that answer but was hoping there was a solution. Our admin is not convinced so i guess i'll have to leave it here.

Comment

WTF would your admin want to block particular versions of Outlook for?

And if he hasn't deployed it, HTF have you got it?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X