Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent email keeps resending every 10-20 minutes

Exchange 2007, 2003 Domain, XP client, Outlook 2003

One of my employees sent an email last Saturday and added himself to the "TO" field, as well as several other external addresses. (He usually adds himself to the "to" field.)

Since then, the same email is being resent every 10-20 minutes. We were having power issues the week before so I'm wondering if the email is stuck in a loop somehow.

It is the only account affected and the only email being resent.

I scanned the machine for viruses and spyware (nothing) and deleted the email from the sent folder (Outlook 2003)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Sent email keeps resending every 10-20 minutes

Check the logs and see if it is coming from the client, or has got into a HT queue
    (Also use OWA to see if it is in the "outbox" in the mailbox, and if it is, try deleting from there)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Sent email keeps resending every 10-20 minutes

After looking through the logs, I determined it is coming from our external email filter.

I created a transport rule to block the message while the filter support engineers straighten out the issue.

Please close this thread.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X