No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

After some help as currently we're not receiving any emails!

We're in the process of migrating over to exchange 2010 from 2003. At the moment all mailboxes bar 1 (for testing) remain on the 2003 installation. Issue we're having is there no longer any mail flow (both ways).

Our exchange 2003 install is a basic install with the default virtual smtp connector (with smarthost configured). I've read in places that this could of caused the issue.

I'm pretty lost at the moment and not sure what steps to take to get this rectified. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

EDIT: I've just checked the routing groups are there, the exchange 2010 server is listed in members within ESM (03).

Last edited by nabberuk; 17th November 2011, 22:47.

Re: Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

right, i'm now receiving emails to 2003 server (i hadnt enabled anonymous on the receive connector).

Re: Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

If you have a smart host on the SMTP virtual server then you MUST remove it.
      If you need to send email out through a smart host this will need to be configured on an SMTP Connector. Putting a smart host on the SMTP virtual server means ALL email, internal or external will go to the smart host, not any other Exchange server.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.