X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivering email to selected users on DL based on time zone

Hi ,
    I need your advice on this.
    When we receive the email ,Is this Possible to remove the Particular users from the email distribution list automatically based on the time Zone and send the email only to selected users on the distribution list?
    For Example, In my company I have 3 tech Groups (NA,EU and Asia) Supporting the Global Users on different time Zone.
    I have one email group contains the TECH users of na,eu and Asia. when we receive the customer email at morning 7 AM Indian time, I want the email to be delivered only to Asia tech support users on the email group and it Should automatically remove the other Non-Asia tech users (i.e. NA and EU) from the email distribution list.
    when we receive the customer email at night 11 PM Indian time , the email should reach only the Customer Support persons of North America and Should not reach other Zone Technical Group like EU and APAC.
    Is this Possible to configure this on Exchange Server 2010? Else do we need any Scripts to automate this Process?
    Please advise.

Re: Delivering email to selected users on DL based on time zone

How about transport rules to redirect the email and a scheduled task to enable / disable appropriate rules at the correct times a day?
    Something like:
    User sends email to TECH group but first rule redirects to NA group
    At say 2000 a scheduled task runs to turn off that rule and turn on second rule which redirects to APAC group
    At 0400 another task turns off rule 2 and turns on rule 3 (redirect to EU group)
    At 1200 task runs to turn off rule 3 and turn on rule 1
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian.

Can we Simplify the Processess by any Powershell Scripts or Transport rules are Sufficient for this?

Comment

Powershell will enable/disable the rules, so your scheduled task runs the PS script for you -- create once, test, automate
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X