WinRM issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinRM issue

Everytime i want to access the Exchange Management Console i get the following err when i click on Microsoft Exchange On-Premises

"initialization failed

the attempt to connect to hxxp://server.workdomains.local/powershell using "Kerberos" authentication failed: connecting to remote server failed with the following error message: WinRM client cannot process the request. ......"

If anyone has any suggestion i will be happy to hear them. this is a new install of exchange did not set any user or anything.

Windows 2011 SBS version. Running SQL Express 2008 and IIS 7.

Is the Powershell has any connection to the IIS I have load my website to the root folder and i have to change the webconfig file to adjust it to my setting.
    I really do not know if this is connected but i thought i will meantion it.

Thanks in advance.

When i open Powershell by it self here is the error

Welcome to the Exchange Management Shell!

Full list of cmdlets: Get-Command
    Only Exchange cmdlets: Get-ExCommand
    Cmdlets that match a specific string: Help *<string>*
    Get general help: Help
    Get help for a cmdlet: Help <cmdlet name> or <cmdlet name> -?
    Show quick reference guide: QuickRef
    Exchange team blog: Get-ExBlog
    Show full output for a command: <command> | Format-List

Tip of the day #58:

Want to know which mailboxes a specific Active Directory user has permissions to? Type:

$Mailboxes = Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited
    $Mailboxes | Get-MailboxPermission -User <Active Directory User> | Format-Table Identity, AccessRights, Deny

Caution: This command enumerates all the mailboxes in your organization. If you have lots of mailboxes, you may want to
    target specific mailboxes.

VERBOSE: Connecting to server.workdomains.local
    [server.workdomains.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cann
    ot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The co
    ntent type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
    eption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed

Failed to connect to an Exchange server in the current site.
    Last edited by elinoy; 11th November 2011, 22:18.

Re: WinRM issue

are you logged on as a relevant exchange administrsator ? (hint, the local administrator probably isn't)

Are all your IIS sites started?
    this could very likely be related to an IIS host header setting..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Since this is SBS you should not start fiddling with anything, just UTFW

Are you on the server and (as asked) what account are you using?
      Have you re-run the CIEW Wizard?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The clue appears to be "It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer" in the error message.

It appears your installation of IIS may be mis-configured or missing components.
        First ensure the WinRM service is at least running. And try again. Failing that. Remove the WinRM component and re-add it from server manager.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028305

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          are you logged on as a relevant exchange administrsator ? (hint, the local administrator probably isn't)

Are all your IIS sites started?
          this could very likely be related to an IIS host header setting..

yes all site is strated.
          and yes i have try to run it as administrator which did not help any it keep tell me it failing.
          thanks

Comment

I have check winRM service and it is working. i did not try to remove it yet but i will. the only thing that was change in my IIS installation is when I publish my .net app site it delete the whole root folder since i publsih the site to the root folder. anyhow in the root folder i have create a virtual for my .net but my webconfig is change since my app using it for all kind of staff. my app is working fine no problem that but im not sure if exchange using the webconfig too and what entries it using. im alsmost sure its the webconfig unless im mistaken and exchange does not use it. also my sharepoint is working fine till it get to the email part so all the srounding app working ok except exchange, I'm not sure I want to strat to remove anything since it SBS version i did it a month ago and i have to reinstall the whole server again becuse it fix somthing and other thing stop working, which make my case even worse becuase it was staff the i needed. how do i find the orignal config for my IIS server? is there any backup files or i will just need to reinstall it again?

Comment

Find it. it was the webconfig file

I had the following

targetFramework="4.0" on the <compilation> tag

I have remove it and now it is working again.

Thanks for all the reply I appreacite it

Comment

VERBOSE: Connecting to E2K10MB01.mydomain.com
                [e2k10mb01.mydomain.com] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client se
                nt a request to an HTTP server and got a response saying the requested HTTP URL was not available. This is usually retu
                rned by a HTTP server that does not support the WS-Management protocol. For more information, see the about_Remote_Trou
                bleshooting Help topic.

After remove and re-add WinRM component problem has solved.

Thanks
                Regards
                Bhupen

Comment

I had a similar problem doing final setup on SBS 2011 (creating accounts) and it was because I did not have the server connected to the LAN. As soon as I had a LAN connection, the EMC would initialize.
                  Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
                  X