Exchange 2007 Mailbox Export to PST - Exclude subfolder in \Inbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Mailbox Export to PST - Exclude subfolder in \Inbox

I've been working on this for hours and have run into just a couple of articles. A user mailbox has a ton duplicate folders under the \INBOX that keeps growing. I am looking to completely export the mailbox to PST but 'exclude' all of the subfolders under Inbox while still keep everything that is in the Inbox.

I got this option from the following website (http://serverfault.com/questions/117...ing-subfolders). I have a syntax issue in the method call but don't know where it is Missing ')' in method call.

$r = [regex]'/';

$exclude = Get-Mailbox -Identity mailtest | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | where {$_.folderpath -ne "/" -and $_.FolderPath -ne "/Inbox"} | Select-Object FolderPath | Foreach {$_.folderpath.tostring()} | foreach {$r.replace($_,\,-1)}

I got the following error message:

[PS] H:\>$r = [regex]'/';

[PS] H:\>$exclude = Get-Mailbox "mailtest" | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | where

{$_.folderpath -ne "/" -and $_.FolderPath -ne "/Inbox"} | Select-Object FolderP

ath | Foreach {$_.folderpath.tostring()} | foreach {$r.replace($_,\,-1)}

Missing ')' in method call.

At line:1 char:217

+ $exclude = Get-Mailbox "mailtest" | Get-MailboxFolderStatistics | where {$_.f

olderpath -ne "/" -and $_.FolderPath -ne "/Inbox"} | Select-Object FolderPath |

Foreach {$_.folderpath.tostring()} | foreach {$r.replace($_ <<<< ,\,-1)}

+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (CloseParenToken:TokenId) [], Paren

tContainsErrorRecordException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingEndParenthesisInMethodCall

I decided to run the following command but this is if I am exporting to a 'target mailbox'.

Export-Mailbox -TargetMailbox mailtest -TargetFolder C:\MAILTEST -ExcludeFolders "\Inbox","\Delete this Folder"

I'd like to just export the mailbox to a PST and 'exclude' all of the duplicate subfolders under \INBOX. I still need the emails in the INBOX. Then delete and recreate the mailbox. Then I want to 'import' the PST into the mailbox.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Verbalh
    CCNA, MCSE, MCP, Network+, CNA, A+

Re: Exchange 2007 Mailbox Export to PST - Exclude subfolder in \Inbox

you mention it works to export to anoter mailbox correctly.
    you could double-hop it. (to another mailbox, then to a pst) Sure, it'd be annoying, but it would do the job.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Exchange 2007 Mailbox Export to PST - Exclude subfolder in \Inbox

Actually the problem is running while exporting all the duplicate subfolders under the INBOX.....

That does not work. I can do a normal exclude at the top level but not below. I only want to exclude the folder below but keep the parent
      Verbalh
      CCNA, MCSE, MCP, Network+, CNA, A+

Comment

Working...
      X