iPhone contacts synch (Exchange 2010)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone contacts synch (Exchange 2010)

I know this seems to be a general issue but hoping one of the real experts has a fix.

iPhones appear to sync ALL the contacts in an Exchange mailbox regardless of whether they are marked as Address Books or not. Result is the "Suggested Contacts" folder (all umpteen thousand of them) gets pushed to the iPhone and contact lookups are a pain in the a**e, especially in a vehicle! Same with other contact folders being used for CRM type purposes.

Setup is Exchange 2010, Outlook 2010 clients and an iPhone 3GS using the native Exchange software (active-sync based).

The only documented fix is to create a PST file and move contact folders to that, but obviously it is far from ideal. Moving folders to an Archive mailbox will also work, but again I lose the benefit of local storage.

Does anyone know of a method of choosing what folders to sync, or restrict sync to the default Contacts folder? (is there an app for that )
    Last edited by Ossian; 9th November 2011, 10:40.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: iPhone contacts synch (Exchange 2010)

does this help at all ?

http://www.blackonstuff.com/2010-01-...-outlook-2010/

basically - go to options, under contacts, remove tick from "automatically create contacts..."
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: iPhone contacts synch (Exchange 2010)

Sort of, but it recommends disabling "suggested contacts" in Outlook, which I don't particularly want to do - just not sync them with the iBloodyPhone

Previously I have used WinMo and Android devices which sync only the default contacts folder, but Apple obviously know better!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X