Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Mailbox Database in Exchange 2010 SP1

Hi,
    How to force delete or remove Mailbox Database from Exchange 2010 SP1. There are no mailbox even hidden in the database but still I can not remove it. Any idea??

Karzon

Re: Delete Mailbox Database in Exchange 2010 SP1

What error are you getting at the moment?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Plz find below for Error details. But I did all task as per error instruction. Nothing found any dependency and still can not remove the Database.

====Error====
      This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, or arbitration mailboxes. To ge
      t a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all m
      ailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, ru
      n the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database
      , run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you ca
      n delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can d
      elete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. Arbitration mailboxes should be move
      d to another server; to do this, run the command New-MoveRequest <parameters>. If this is the last server in the organi
      zation, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Arbitration -DisableLastArbitrationMailboxAllowed to disable the
      arbitration mailbox. Mailbox plans should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command Set-MailboxPlan <Mail
      boxPlan ID> -Database <Database ID>.
      + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (YTLMailboxDB03atabaseIdParameter) [Remove-MailboxDatabase], Associa
      tedUserMailboxExistException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 68C50A07,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfi gurationTasks.RemoveMailboxDatabase
      =======================================

Karzon
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you run some of the commands in Exchange's PowerShell?

Comment

Yes, I did. I checked all commands in Powershell described in error. No mailbox even hidden, etc... showing in Powershell. And failed to remove the database.

Is there any way to forcely remove the mailbox database?

Comment

If you are sure that no mailbox is in that database you can always use ADSI edit to get rid of that database.

I prefer to use this method for test installations only though.

Comment

Hi,
              That is the production server. Could anyone advice for the secure and reliable process to remove the database forcly?

Karzon

Comment

There isn't another way, you can either use the normal administrative tools or ADSI edit.

Once I wrote I prefer this method for test installations, I mean you have to be sure what you are doing. With ADSI edit you are able to damage your installation severly so you have to be sure about what you are doing.

I have done it many times, but on installations I know and I'm responsible for.

If you are not sure what to do, you can always open a case with Microsoft or hire a consultant.

Comment

Thanks and hope ADSI tool will work fine considering own risk.

Karzon

Comment

Hi Karzon,

I don't know if you've received other information regarding this yet, but you will note that your error received actually gives you the answer you require...

Please post the outputs of each of your commands you ran.

Thanks,
                    GWilliams

Comment

Is this the first database created? Worth researching abitration mailboxes in Exchange 2010 to see if they exist in the database.

Comment

Working...
                      X