MSExchangeTransport 5015 & 5016 errors in event log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSExchangeTransport 5015 & 5016 errors in event log

Getting MSExchangeTransport 5015 & 5016 messages in the event log after I removed the RGC while completing my migration from 2003 to 2010.

One of the connectors it references is the "Internet Mail" connector while I can still see and the other is an old connector that has not existed for many years from an old phone Octel phone system. I found them in ADSI edit and the "Internet Mail" connector shows up still in 2010 in the HT | send connetors section. can I just disable or remove that one and delete the Octel connector via ADSI Edit?

Our mailflow seems uneffected, I tested it and watched the queue's ... don't see anything indicating that there is any kind of queue backup or flow issues.
    Also In the ESM on 2003 there is a server listed in the first routing group that has not been around for several years. I think it was an exchange 2000 server. If I just remove it form the ESM on 2003 will it remove that connector?

Re: MSExchangeTransport 5015 & 5016 errors in event log

for anyone else in the same boat.. I ended up calling MSFT support and they pretty much said that once the old server is removed via ADSIedit, the 2003 uninstall runs successfully, and you restart the 2010 server the messages will stop.

They had me run ExBPA a few times to make sure there were no other issues.

-d

Comment

Re: MSExchangeTransport 5015 & 5016 errors in event log

Thanks for the feedback. I am doing an upgrade soon myself, so will keeep this in mind.

Comment

Working...
      X