Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot view Some Public Folder in Outlook when I can view in OWA

Hi all I have weird scerio.

I used my account to create these Public folders so I'm sure that I have access and indeed I can view them when I'm in OWA. But as you all know you can't edit any permissions in OWA.

We have Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007. They are both up-to-date and I used to be able to view it in Outlook.

I am sure that I am in folder view as I can see one public folder(Contact really) already. However there is another one in the same level that is much important that I view and manage it(Folder with all the emails). This is missing within Outlook. I have disabled cache mode but no luck, any advise to get this folder back in Outlook would be great!!

If not alternative way to manage permission of the public folder.

Re: I cannot view Some Public Folder in Outlook when I can view in OWA

Have you Recently upgraded from 2003? If so, make sure all your pointers ahve been updated.

Check the premissions on the public folder and ensure that there is nothing denying the "list Folder"

Check the Properties of the folder in Outlook, right click, premissions and check there is no "Fodler Visable" option that has been un-ticked.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Originally posted by Wofen View Post
      Have you Recently upgraded from 2003? If so, make sure all your pointers ahve been updated.

Check the premissions on the public folder and ensure that there is nothing denying the "list Folder"

Check the Properties of the folder in Outlook, right click, premissions and check there is no "Fodler Visable" option that has been un-ticked.

Wofen
      No this is fresh install of Exchange 2007 and I used to be able to view it no problem.

I know that my user has owner rights already.

How do I check the list folder or folder visible if it's not visiable?

Comment

I know that my user has owner rights already.
        Cool.... but can you check.... The number of times the problem is something simple that someone has not checked.

How do I check the list folder or folder visible if it's not visiable?
        yeah, I got that part for a website... so I dont know.

Other then that, Is there anything special about this Pulic folder, is it a basic system created public folder, or one that you create manully? If you created it, have you created others, do they work? Can you create one that works now?

If you can not get it working that way, you can download and install the Public Folder management tool http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.80).aspx

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Originally posted by Wofen View Post
          Cool.... but can you check.... The number of times the problem is something simple that someone has not checked.

yeah, I got that part for a website... so I dont know.

Other then that, Is there anything special about this Pulic folder, is it a basic system created public folder, or one that you create manully? If you created it, have you created others, do they work? Can you create one that works now?

If you can not get it working that way, you can download and install the Public Folder management tool http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676462(EXCHG.80).aspx

Wofen
          I have checked using the command line and I have Owner rights.

I can view them no problem within OWA!! but for some reason I cannot view it in Outlook.

It's a basic folder structure with emails inside, nothing special.

Comment

Try a new outlook profile
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Try a new outlook profile
              I've also tried that too.

1. Recreated with outlook cache
              2. Recreated without outlook cache
              3. Assigned owner rights using command line to another admin account repeated no.1 and 2 but no luck.

Comment

Working...
              X