No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 SP1 Multi Domain SSL

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 SP1 Multi Domain SSL

I have a setup where the client is hosting multiple companies on his server (standard setup not hosted).

currently there is only one domain registered with UCC Certificate. Therefore if users go to that domain OWA or open outlook they don't get the security warning. However, users from other domains, get the SSL security warning when opening outlook or trying to get to OWA.

bottom line, I need to load a certificate that covers:

for 6 other domains...
    Is it possible?

Re: Exchange 2010 SP1 Multi Domain SSL

Yes, but the more domains per certificate, the more expensive.

Go to* and check out SAN (UC) certificates

*other certificate providers exist
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Exchange 2010 SP1 Multi Domain SSL

It will be autodiscover that is causing the problem if they are external to the server.
      Internally it doesn't matter as long the internal server name is set on the SSL certificate.

For multiple domain support you only need (where is the domain after the @ ) for each domain. You do not need any others - they can use the same common name for OWA, ActiveSync, MX records etc.

The other option is to use SRV records, if your external provider supports them. That is what the hosted Exchange providers do. It involves some special DNS records in the public DNS for each domain and you need to ensure that there is no * or other wildcard in the DNS so that does not resolve.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.