X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with RPC/HTTPS Exchange 2007 Server 2003 R2

Hi all,

I'm really stuck with this one, we currently have a setup of;

2 x Windows server 2003 R2 (as domain controllers)
    1 x Windows server 2003 R2 x64 with Exchange 2007.
    Most Clients are connecting via Outlook 2007

These servers are on their own domain in a datacenter, and all our clients need to connect via RPC over HTTPS, this has been working well for some time now, however something has gone wrong.

I can make the Clients talk to the servers and send/recieve mail using HTTPS, however our clients seem to be 'stumbling' on the 'Directory' service, (as found out by right clicking the outlook Icon and so on), where it tries and then reverts back to TCP/IP. This wouldn't be so much as a problem, however we host email services for clients who need to be able to use the calendar and address books in outlook and are also constantly on the move (So we can't even open the firewall to their IP).

Any idea on what could cause this? I've looked into a number of different things, main ones say "It should just work" and others talk about IPv6 which isn't on use on our servers as they are 2003 not 2008 ( I checked anyway).

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by greg.hawkins; 5th October 2011, 17:02.

Re: Problems with RPC/HTTPS Exchange 2007 Server 2003 R2

Moved to Exchange forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Problems with RPC/HTTPS Exchange 2007 Server 2003 R2

Thanks. I didn't see it till I posted, then couldn't work out how to move it... *Duh*.

Comment

Working...
      X