No announcement yet.

New Exchange Server. ActiveSync errors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exchange Server. ActiveSync errors.

Hi,

So I have installed a new Exchange 2010 server within our organisation, we currently have an Exchange 2007 server. I have moved all the mailboxes over to the new server and done all the ext-int nating for 25/80/433 for web access etc.

Running the Exchange Connectivity Test for ActiveSync I get the following errors.

• Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
    • Validating the certificate name.
    • Host name mailserver.domain.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=COMPANYEX01

Any ideas how I can resolve this issue people? Would relly apprieciate any assistance, have a tonne of iPhone users using activesync.

Thanks,
    Simon.

Re: New Exchange Server. ActiveSync errors.

I suspect you have the self issued certificate?
    Get a public SAN certificate (c. $80 per year from www.godaddy.com) and install that -- quick and easy.

Self certificates are not a supported configuration
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. Requested certificate from GoDaddy.

Comment

One more thing, looking to move my public folders from a box running exchange 2007 to the new box running 2010.

Any ideas?

Comment

Create a public folder database on the 2010 server, run the moveallreplicas.ps1 script in EMS, make sure the mailbox database is pointed to the new public folder database (in the database properties in EMS).
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
            Create a public folder database on the 2010 server, run the moveallreplicas.ps1 script in EMS, make sure the mailbox database is pointed to the new public folder database (in the database properties in EMS).
            Thanks for this, so I created a new PF database on the new exchange 2010 box and ran this from the exchange 2010 EMS.

Code:
            .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server oldserver.domain.local -NewServer newserver.domain.local
            I didn't get any errors or messages. How can I track the movement and know when the move has completed?

Comment

You can use
              Code:
              Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Server oldserver
              Once there's nothing shown by this command then the replication is done. Be sure to check the event log for issues if it seems to be stalled.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

You can use
                Code:
                Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Server oldserver
                Once there's nothing shown by this command then the replication is done. Be sure to check the event log for issues if it seems to be stalled.
                Hi Jeremy,

Run that command in EMS on the new exchange 2010 box and it shows that all the PFs are still on the Exchange 2007 box.

Where should I be looking in event viewer for errors, and shouldn't the command i stated below have transfered them?

Thanks,

Comment

Give it a week or so for the move to take place -- it is supposed to be slow
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok, so a massive problem this morning. Users trying to access the public folders (myself included) cannot.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Comment

Is the error accessing the new server or the old server?

Have you changed the public folder database on the mailbox store yet?

Run the get-publicfolderstatistics -server newserver and see if there's anything listed.

If not then there's a problem with the replication that needs to be addressed. Look in the Application event log for related events. Check the queues on the servers to see if they're being held up there.

Also, if you ran the get-publicfolderstatistics -server newserver and nothing shows then you can run the
                      Code:
                      AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 –Server newserver –TopPublicFolder \ –ServerToAdd oldserver
                      And then point the public folders on the mailbox database back to the old server while you troubleshoot replication.
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Is the error accessing the new server or the old server?

Have you changed the public folder database on the mailbox store yet?

Run the get-publicfolderstatistics -server newserver and see if there's anything listed.

If not then there's a problem with the replication that needs to be addressed. Look in the Application event log for related events. Check the queues on the servers to see if they're being held up there.

Also, if you ran the get-publicfolderstatistics -server newserver and nothing shows then you can run the
                        Code:
                        AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 –Server newserver –TopPublicFolder \ –ServerToAdd oldserver
                        And then point the public folders on the mailbox database back to the old server while you troubleshoot replication.
                        Thanks, now back using the PF db on the old Ex07 server.

In relation to the replication, I have run the get-publicfolderstatistics -server newserver command and get nothing back on the new server.

I checked the message queue on the old server and spotted this. Can anyone shed light on this?

Comment

Are there any public folder related events in the application log?
                          Are the Exchange servers patched to the latest level?
                          Regards,
                          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Are there any public folder related events in the application log?
                            Are the Exchange servers patched to the latest level?
                            Exchange Server 2010 is running SP1 and latest rollup.
                            Exchange Server 2007 is running SP3, rollup 4.

No entries of note on the new Exchange 10 server, but on the Exchange 2007 box lots of "Outgoing Replication Messages" with the database listed as "" (i.e empty).

Code:
                            Outgoing message type 0x20
                             Message ID: <[email protected]>
                             Folder(s): (1-7EDBB8D712) IPM_SUBTREE\Crew Queries (M-Z)

Database "".

Comment

Can you look at the tracking logs on the 2007 box? Trace one of the messages to see why it failed to deliver to the 2010 server.

You can also look at Queues tab and note what the last result is as it may give us a clue as to what the issue is.
                              Regards,
                              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X