Error while mount the database.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error while mount the database.

I have created a testing environment of 2008 R2 (PDC)- & another 2008 R2 & installed the exchange 2010 on it.

i have one exchange 2003 on live environment, i have copied the priv1.edb file from live to testing server, & i want to mount the database into Testing server but when i m trying to mount the same in testing server it gives an error.

Error: Operation failed with message:MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-1213) [Database: priv1, server: webmail.xyz.local]

Re: Error while mount the database.

You can't just pull a database from one version of Exchange and expect it to mount on another.... Its only with Exchange 2010 that databases have become portable, but at 2003 they are seriously tied into Active Directory and the Exchange Organisation.

About the only things you could do are:
    Use ExMerge to export to (multiple) PST files on 2003 and import onto 2010
    Use a granular backup solution (i.e. not ntbackup) to restore contents into mailboxes

There may also be 3rd party solutions...
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Tom,

i created the Exchange 2003 on 2003 Std 32 bit Srv, With the Same name .
      with the existing 2008 Active Directory server,

& still i m unable to mount the database,
      it gives error. when try to mount the database

An internal error has occurred, try restarting the exchange system manager or the microsoft information services,

EventId: 9519
      Error 0xffffde4 starting database "First Storage Group\oldmailbox" on the microsoft Exchange information store.

I tried Eseutil but it says streaming file mismatch,

Also tried isinteg but it says canonot initate the process,

I want to mount this old database into new server.

Pelase help.

Comment

Is this using the same computer account in AD, or a different account with the same name?
        If the latter, you are out of luck>

Can you take a step back and tell us what you are trying to achieve, and maybe a solution will be found
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have a Live 2003 sp2 AD server, & Exchange 2003 Sp2 in the same box,

I want to Migrate this to New 2008 AD Server & 2010 Exchange Server but on different Box or in Virtual Servers.

but for that i want to do this on testing server first then i will move to the live environment.
          i don,t want to add any new server in my live environment.

for that first i created a new 2008 AD & 2010 Exchange environment i tried to mount Existing 2003 database into the 2010 database but i was unable to do so,

(You can't just pull a database from one version of Exchange and expect it to mount on another.... Its only with Exchange 2010 that databases have become portable, but at 2003 they are seriously tied into Active Directory and the Exchange Organisation.)

than i installed the new Exchange 2003 server & tried to mount the Existing database into New testing Exchange 2003 server but no luck.

Please help to complete my testing without adding anything on live.

Comment

If you want to mount your live databases into your test environment you have to use the exact names while setting up this test lab at least for Exchange. The AD domain name can be different.

It's basicly the same procedure as done in case of a disaster, just look up this guide from microsoft and look at "Moving Exchange Mailbox Databases Between Servers".
            http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=85

Comment

Thanks guys for your suggestion, i have successfully mounted the database in Test environment.

i have to create a new Stm file. & run the eseutil/d/p for repairing the database & it is working now.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X