Renew exchange 2007 certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew exchange 2007 certificate

Hello, I am new in the world of IT and i would like some help. I have an exchange 2007 with self signed certificate expired. So in the owa when someone insert the username and the password after press enter takes an 500 error with the notification that the ssl certificate is expired. Is there any tutorial to help if it is possible step by step how to renew the certificate or delete it and create a new one? Thanks in advance

Re: Renew exchange 2007 certificate

Basically, get a new one and assign it to the services previously assigned to the old certificate

This was the process I followed last time I did it:
    http://www.dhcollier.com/2009/06/exc...rtificate.html
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I did all the procedure and now i get the message Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted Is there anything more i have to do?

Comment

Who did you get your cert from?
        Check their instructions to see if you need to install an "intermediate certificate"
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its a self-signed certificate

Comment

IMHO do yourself, and your users, a favour and splash out the $80 or whatever a certificate from www.godaddy.com (other suppliers are available) costs.
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X