Email Signatures for All Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Signatures for All Staff

Is there a way of implementing a global email signature for all staff, but pulling personalised info (like name, department, phone etc.) from AD?

Our CEO wants to fix the signature (which is perfectly reasonable) and as we are about to transition from 2003 to 2010 it seems a good time to do it.

I know it is very difficult in 2003 so we never did it, but hear it is easy in 2010 (I just don't know enough!).

All clients will remain as Outlook 2003 for the time being.

Thanks

Re: Email Signatures for All Staff

In one phrase "Transport Rules"

For example:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-cfb66fca885c/
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

or you could use Exclaimer, but transport rules are a less exxy solution
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Is Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 a good idea?

We had this setup and Outlook 2003 was very slow for eg. Items took a few seconds to delete after pressing

Comment

Transport rules can do it, but Exclaimer or similar is much easier to use I've found. Our email signatures pull name, job title, phone number, qualifications etc out of AD to produce a copy of our business cards using Exclaimer.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Another vote for Exclaimer. Also helps when "Marketing" want to treat signatures as a marketing tool - "see us on Stand 123 at some tin pot trade show in September".

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by rob123 View Post
              Is Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 a good idea?

We had this setup and Outlook 2003 was very slow for eg. Items took a few seconds to delete after pressing
              I had not heard this before. We have no choice but to use Outlook 2003 as we don't have the money to upgrade client software just yet.

One of the main reasons for going Exchange 2010 is that our existing server was slow on Exchange 2003 and so as well as the new features we had hoped for a performance boost.

Comment

If you have Outlook 2003, consider moving users to Outlook Web App -- almost, but not quite, Outlook 2010 functionality
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  If you have Outlook 2003, consider moving users to Outlook Web App -- almost, but not quite, Outlook 2010 functionality
                  A step to far I fear for our users who are not the most IT-literate in the world.

Is the performance hit really that bad for 2003 on 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Future5 View Post
                    A step to far I fear for our users who are not the most IT-literate in the world.

Is the performance hit really that bad for 2003 on 2010?
                    I was experiencing issues such as pressing delete, the item wouldn't delete for a few seconds, if at all, also prompts would pop up 'unknown error'.

I wouldn't advise Outlook 2003 with Ex 2010 from experience,

From talking to someone with a bit more knowledge than myself, apparently Ex 2010 uses a different type of security/authentication that Outlook 2003 doesn't fully support, but do not quote me on this.

Comment

Well that throws a bit of a spanner in the works!

Comment

It certainly works, both using MAPI and RPC/HTTPS, and is on the supported client list:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...XCHG.140).aspx

I can't speak for performance issues, though...

Re signatures, although I suggested HT rules, I agree you can do better with a 3rd party -- my vote goes to PolicyPatrol
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

Unfortunately Outlook 2003 is the only option for now so we will have to live with any performance hit this causes.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Comment

I have a question about this topic: We have implemented a Transport Rule in Exchange 2010 to send corporate signatures outside our organization.
                            We'd like to know if there is an option like in Outlook where different signatures can be tied to New Messages or Replies/Forwads.
                            We would like to see the signature in the first message or reply/forward we send out but not in every subsequent one. Is there a way to control this? We can't find anything in the Conditions or Exceptions part of the rule.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Look into rule exceptions:
                              IF body contains <string from signature>
                              Tom Jones
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X