No announcement yet.

Recipient isn't a mailbox - Remote Mailbox Move

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipient isn't a mailbox - Remote Mailbox Move

Good Morning

I am trying to move about 10 mailboxes from a server that I am going to decommision to a new domain/server, but have come across an error that does not seem to exist in Google! - Maybe i've come across a problem that has never happened!

The error goes as such:

I have run the Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 script in the scripts folder on the source Exchange 2010 server which appears to have run correctly. I then ran ADMT to move the rest of the User Account Data to the new Domain/DC which also completed successfully. I then went into EMC to do a Remote Mailbox Move. I enter all the details requested within the wizard and the process starts, but then throws up the error:

"Recipient "domain.local/Users/User" isn't a mailbox."

I have extensively Google'd this, and found nothing that could be even remotely similar to the problem I am having.

I have a screenshot on my webserver which is accessible at:

Just to give you a background info on my network. The setup is 2 indivdual AD Domains running Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 SP1. I have tried the transfer both with the domains trusting each other, and without the trusts in place. I have done all the necessary migrations with Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 and ADMT v3.2 but still get this error. All mailboxes on the source server are affected by this problem.

So if someone out there a little more knowledgeable than a 21 year old could help me out, that would be excellent.

Thanks Blackfish

Re: Recipient isn't a mailbox - Remote Mailbox Move

Hmm, since I haven't done a cross forest move so far this is only theory, but the sequence you have to run is first using ADMT to migrate the user(-s) to the target forest and run then Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 for that user(-s).

Target users for a mailbox move have to be mail enabled so you are able to check if the MoveRequest can run.

Well if the users are there and mail enabled you can remove the Exchange attributes and run Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 again.