Bulk user creation Exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk user creation Exchange 2007

I am looking for some direction in doing a mass creation of users in exchange. These users have not been created in active directory yet. At this point I have an excel spread sheet I was able to get our finance department to dump for me with the following fields I need to populate in exhange.

First Name Last Name Email Team Leader Location

I am hoping to use the Team Leader and Location fields to populate custom attributes in exchange so that the users are added to the appropriate dynamic distribution lists. I am also wanting to have the 500ish users created in a seperate OU which I have already created called Support Staff. I have look at sever ways of scripting this in the exchange management shell but have been unable to find a way to have all of it work in one shot.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

James

Re: Bulk user creation Exchange 2007

In one word: Powershell!

In a few more words, adapt the scripts here:http://exchangepedia.com/2006/11/exc...ent-shell.html

You may need to do a couple of passes -- sometimes easier to use Excel's filtering tools rather than trying to Powershell everything
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Bulk user creation Exchange 2007

Thanks,

I guess I kow what I am doing after football practice tonight

Comment

Working...
      X