Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hide from GAL (Was: Hide Exchange Server function)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide from GAL (Was: Hide Exchange Server function)

Hi I'm back again with one more confusion.. Setup: AD 2008 R2 sync with Exchange 2010 Beta.

1st, I want to know, what does "Hide Exchange Server" option under Exchange Advanced does?

2nd, If I check mark that option in AD for account xyz1. and then, I give mailbox rights of xyz1 to xyz2... Will xyz2 be able to add xyz1 Mailbox in his Outlook??

Thanks in advanced

Re: Hide Exchange Server function

Beta is a little on the obsolete side -- we are well past SP1 now

Can you clarify where this option is, post a screen shot if possible
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

do you mean hide from the global address list ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sorry for responding late... Yes Hide from Exchange Address list.. It comes under AD> Exchange Advanced> (Then there is a box to check mark for Hide from Exchange Address list) ---------- And yes it hides the mailbox from Global Address list.

Comment

Exactly what it says -- hides the mailbox from the GAL, so it cannot be searched for

Nothing to do with permissions, but to see a "hidden" mailbox, you will need to know the name rather than browsing for it

Moving this thread to Exchange 2010 forum.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X