Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional mailbox, Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010

hi,
    ive had a quick search, although been asked to sort this at short notice, so scrambling in the hope for an answer - so sorry if this has already been answered!

Exchange 2010 currently managing several domains. One of the domains is now required to be a mailbox and not an alias of a users account - so the user can reply from that account in Outlook using the "from" field. What is the method of achieving this? Ive had a quick look round the console, but 2010 is brand new to me, so any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Additional mailbox, Outlook 2007, Exchange 2010

Two ways to grant Send As permissions to a user, one using powershell and the other is using Advanced Features in ADUC. I believe Powershell is now the preferred option, I'll dig out the command and post it later.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

If they are using Outlook 2010 they can connect to multiple Exchange accounts
      If not, OWA for one and Outlook for the other?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you want to give the user Pete Peterson the Send-As permission for the John Johnson Mailbox you can use the following command line:

get-user -identity [email protected] | Add-ADPermission -User [email protected] -ExtendedRights Send-As

Hope this will help!

Thanks,
        Kottees

Comment

Working...
        X