No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 service packing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 service packing

I need some advice on service packing our Exchange 2007 environment, we currently have an issue where mailboxes that have been moved from one storage group to another has messed up Blackberry synchronisation, i.e. when an email is read in outlook it isn't syncing and being marked as read on the blackberry and vice versa, we've been told that the issue will be fixed by upgrading to (minimum) exchange service pack 2 and installing rollup 3.

What I am basically after, is do I need to upgrade the service pack on all the servers in the organisation or can I upgrade just on the mailbox servers to start with and then do the rest of the servers at a later date.

If I need to do them all at the same time, what is the order, I have read that when preparing for upgrade to Exchange 2010 the client access servers need to be done first then the others to follow, so under this assumption I would think the same, just need confirmation of this.

Server set up: -

All servers are Windows 2003 R2 64B, Exchange 2007 SP1
    2 edge servers
    3 combined hub transport/client access servers
    2 CCR mailbox servers

Re: Exchange 2007 service packing

IIRC it is preferred to upgrade mailbox servers LAST, but definitely to get them all to the same SP level as quickly as possible
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Exchange 2007 service packing

Thanks, Ossian was my thoughts after reading the articles but just needed confirmation.