GAL empty-wrong address book provider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAL empty-wrong address book provider

Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007, for multiple users, the GAL is empty - GAL is in OWA and test user (mailbox was never opened in Outlook before) have the correct current server. In address book>tools>options>addressing>global address list>properties, the current Microsoft Exchange Address Book Provider is not the exchange server, it is the DC. How does one change that? (this is on a 2003 terminal server) On local machine, GAL is populated.

Re: GAL empty-wrong address book provider

bump

Anybody? Im guessing this isnt a moon shot.

Comment

Since you are talking about Outlook at a terminal server I guess the profil are configured for online access. This means Outlook is using Global Catalog servers for address book lookups.

Just do a search using "outlook global catalog configure", should be plenty of proposals for your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
        Since you are talking about Outlook at a terminal server I guess the profil are configured for online access. This means Outlook is using Global Catalog servers for address book lookups.

Just do a search using "outlook global catalog configure", should be plenty of proposals for your problem.
        The exasperating thing is that it is not very users's Oultook. Some clients are pointing to the exchange server while others are pointing to the DC/the global catalog server, 1 domain, 1 Exch server, 1 GP, 1 TS. Its not a global problem. And It happened out of the blue, I was in outlook when it mysteriously occurred.

Comment

Working...
        X