No announcement yet.

Mailbox Assistants

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox Assistants

I'm still moving mail boxes from 2003 to 2010 sp1 and this error started showing up this morning

MSExchangeMailboxAssistants 14029
    FreeBusy Assistant

"Couldn't find an Exchange 2010 or later public folder server with a replica for the free/busy folder:"

I fired up the public folder managment console and it sees the public folders on 2003 no problem and this error just started this morning. checked the 2003 event logs and ran these:

Get-publicfolder \NON_IPM_SUBTREE -recurse |ft Name,Replicas >d:\temp\NON_IPM_SUBTREE.txt
    Get-PublicFolder “\non_ipm_subtree\schedule+ free busy” -recurse |fl name,*rep* >d:\temp\freebusy.txt
    Get-PublicFolderStatistics |fl >d:\temp\publicfolderstatistics.txt

They appear configured and working. so I will ask the dumb question what am I missing? does there need to be a copy on the 2010 server?

Re: Mailbox Assistants

In a co-existence environment, or if you have Outlook 2003 clients you should have public folders on the Exchange 2010 server, with the public and system folders replicated to them. Even if you intend to drop public folders later, it is far easier to migrate everything (public folders as well), to Exchange 2010, then do the process to remove public folders later.

Therefore create a public folder database, make it the public folder store on the properties of the mailbox database on Exchange 2010 and replicate everything across.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Mailbox Assistants

ok so I am close, I have a public folders database already created I just need to figure out how to replicate them over.

thanks again!