Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange With Multiple SMTP Domains

Hey Guys,

I have installed active directory and in that I have one domain named abc.com (active directory domain) and after that installed Exchange 2010.
    As I want to host multiple email domains in exchange server 2010 so I have created OU "hosted" and in that further individual OUs of hosted domains (def.com, xyz.com etc). I have added this in UPN also.

I have added this domains in Accepted domains (but abc.com is set as default here) and also created Email Address policy.
    Under Receipient configuration>>mailbox I have created users ([email protected], [email protected]) for this hosted domains.

Now when I am login through OWA (I am providing only username while login) and see in my account settings there I can see that the email address mentioned is [email protected] while the created user is [email protected]. So the mails are send from my active directory domain and not from my hosted email domain.

I need to send the emails from individual email accounts like [email protected], [email protected] etc...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rahulpatel; 24th June 2011, 08:50.

Re: Exchange With Multiple SMTP Domains

how are your policies configured ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You need to set the appropriate email address as the Reply address to the objects in question (you need to uncheck the box labeled "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy").

The proper way to do this if you're going to be hosting email for multiple, non-related customers/domains is to use separate email address policies for each customer or domain (each customer may have multiple email domains).

Comment

I believe in Exchange 2010 that you can apply a filter to the 'email address policy' by OU, so applying the filter to your current OU setup and creating the policies as recommended by Joe, should help ensure the correct policy is always applied.

Comment

Dear tehcamel / joe / Virtual,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have configured the email address policy by referring some tutorials but finally I found error (still not sure whether it was error or not) in that only.

Actually while creating EAP, I have tick mark the option "Custom Attribute 1 equals value" in Conditions and had set custom value in that. So I believe that due to this EAP policy is not applying on the users created.

I have removed this and set default (policy contains: all recipients types) and after saving it. I have right clicked that policy and click on apply. So the users which had been created have been applied respective EAP.

Also I have not uncheck the box labeled "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy". This should be tick mark only so that on basis of EAP it will update the users.

Once again thanking everybody.

Regards
          Rahul Patel

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X