No announcement yet.

Transitioning from EX07 to EX10

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning from EX07 to EX10

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to introduce an Exchange 2010 into my domain, which currently has a single Exchange 2007 SP3 server. All mail traffic is routed via a filtering smarthost in the DMZ. Also, OWA/OutlookAnywhere/ActiveSync are published with an ISA 2006 server in the DMZ.

I have read a lot about transitioning, but still have a few unanswered questions...

1. After I finish the Exchange installation, but before I move any mailboxes over to the new Exchange box - do I need to change anything in the smarthost/ISA configuration? or while there are no mailboxes on the server there is no point to direct SMTP/HTTPS traffic through it?
    2. Can you explain about the Hostnames and certificates issues? currently, my Exchange 2007 has a single A record in the DNS, and a simple webserver certificate from my local CA. The ISA server in the DMZ has a commercial, trusted certificate, and is also configured to trust my local CA. Which new Hostnames (for both Exchange 2007 and 2010) do I need to create? Which certificates? Is there a guide on how to issue them with a local CA?
    Thanks for your help...
    Last edited by Ron R.; 21st June 2011, 15:19.

Re: Transitioning from EX07 to EX10

One more question - can I get rid of the public folders feature altogether during the transition process (i.e. not transitioning them?...) OAB is not distributed via this mechanism, and I have no data in them, at all.