No announcement yet.

Block Attachment in OWA 2007 for certain user

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Attachment in OWA 2007 for certain user

I am administrative the Exchange 2007 for my company. Recently we have new Management and my new boss asking me to strengthen the OWA access. Currently we allow all users to login via OWA and also allow attachment download.

2 tasks given by the new boss,

1. Only allow certain user to be able to login via OWA to check their email - this already solved, can be set via individual Properties Screen

2. Allow user to login via OWA but restricted to attachment download - already checked can be done but across every user. My boss allowed top management able to read and download attachment but others just can view but not to download.

Anyone know how to set per user access level for the item 2?

Re: Block Attachment in OWA 2007 for certain user

on what level of the Exchange environment do you set the option to not allow attachments?

I'm assuming the configuration is made at either server, or organisation level. If it's organisation, you're probably SOL without coding a massive change.. if it can even be done.

If it's at server-level, then the option might be to create a separate server within your organisation that's specific only for the managers.

sembee may come along with a more appropriate way to do it, than my guesses
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point