Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With setting up Exchange 2010

Hi Guys

i am sort of stuck and thought might as you guys to help me out with it.

I have a physicall box running server 08R2 which i have 3 NIC's in it. In the physicall box i have just installed Hyper-v role . Then I create 2 virtual machine in it, one to host DNS & DHCP & AD and the 2nd one is completedly dedicated for exchange 2010. Exchange is installed correct apart from the below

1) Able to send email to anyone including able to send email to inter domain - other domains and internet domains, ie - hotmail as such
    2 ) Not able to receive email from internet domain or any domain except from my own domain

Below is the configuration --

Physicall box sitting behing a ADSL modem+ router - with a static ip of 192.168.1.1 ( DHCP off )
    Hyper v - 192.168.1.2
    DC - static ip -192.168.1.3
    Mailserver - 192.168.1.4

Mx record & A record is created in DNS entry that points to mailserver with valid ip , no PTR record created

in EMC, created ( send connector with SMTP & accepted domain ) Hub transport role under Organization configuration

Created custom receiver connector and pointed the mail servers ip add with port 25 and opened port 25 in windows firewal

soo,, at the moment , able to send email to anyone and inside the domain, able to receive email from inside domain users but not able to received email from any outside server

Any help will be appreciated

cheers
    Jawad

Re: Help With setting up Exchange 2010

Have you
    a) set up external MX records pointing to your public IP address and
    b) set up forwarding of port 25 from your router to the mailserver internal IP?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Have you
      a) set up external MX records pointing to your public IP address and
      b) set up forwarding of port 25 from your router to the mailserver internal IP?
      I only created one mx record that points to the A record which is the ip of the mail server.

so is below is how i create another record ?

in my ( DNS > DC host > forward lookup zones > domain.org> i have one A record with ip of the domain controller wich is 192.168.1.3, and another A record with ip of the mailserver wich is 192.168.1.4)

Is my public ip going to be the routers ip?

Comment

If you are not comfortable with fairly basic networking, can I suggest you pay an experienced consultant to review your configuration and sort things out for you.

External DNS records are normally set up at your ISP and point traffic at the outside IP of the router (192.168.1.xxx is an internal IP and the router will use NAT to translate it to/from public addresses that the rest of the internet can see)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you are not comfortable with fairly basic networking, can I suggest you pay an experienced consultant to review your configuration and sort things out for you.

External DNS records are normally set up at your ISP and point traffic at the outside IP of the router (192.168.1.xxx is an internal IP and the router will use NAT to translate it to/from public addresses that the rest of the internet can see)
          This is actually for a home lab that i am setting up for as i have started for my mcipt course and still very new and learning.
          thanks for you help OSSAIN

Comment

Do you have a static IP address?
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Do you have a static IP address?
              hi Yep

Comment

Working...
              X