Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Search Behavior with Online archive

Hello all,

We have some users that are utilizing the Online Archive features of Exchange. However, we are having some issues with Exchange instant search.

Now, according to MS documentation on technet. A users Online archive is searchable just as any other. It is indexed and will return results according to your search options.

I have discovered this to be partially true. If you have the all folders option checked, no matter your parameters, your search will never return anything on the Online archive. To make the Archive searchable, I had to select only the currently selected folder option. I then have to click on a folder in the archive I want to search. While the search all folders apparently doesn't include the archive.

Now, this was all done from Outlook 2007 clients. I am not sure how it behaves in Outlook 2010.

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this and what you did to get around them.

Re: Instant Search Behavior with Online archive

Ok....

Instant Search works as described with Outlook 2010 Pro Plus.

I am unable to get the same functionality in Outlook 2007 Pro Plus.

Comment

Correct, full support for archive mailboxes is only for Outlook 2010

Point users at OWA as an option -- it is (IMHO) superior to 2007 anyway
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Correct, full support for archive mailboxes is only for Outlook 2010

Point users at OWA as an option -- it is (IMHO) superior to 2007 anyway
        Actually, the online archive is fully supported in Outlook 2007 Pro Plus with the October 2010 Outlook Hotfix. The only hiccup I have seen is the search functionality not behaving like it should.

Also, from OWA you have to seach either the Archive, or the Mailbox. So in essence, it search behaves just like Outlook 2007.

Comment

Working...
        X