Problems Sending Emails for Certain users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Sending Emails for Certain users

I have Exchange 2007 + Outlook 2007. We are having issues sending some emails. Emails are being sent out, and there is no bounce back or no exchange warning, but the other side does not receive this email. I have tried sending the same emil using another email provider (gmail) and works fine. This happens with certain users and certain domains, eg @gmail.com. @hotmail.com, and some other private ones.
    Thank you

Re: Problems Sending Emails for Certain users

Without a bounce message it is almost impossible to troubleshoot.

I take it you have looked in Queue Viewer and Message Tracking to be sure the email is leaving your site?

Have you checked if your domain or IP are blacklisted?

Are you using a smarthost or direct delivery?

Do you have a static public IP and properly registered MX records -- if you are on a dynamic IP you will probably need to use your ISP as a smarthost
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Problems Sending Emails for Certain users

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Without a bounce message it is almost impossible to troubleshoot.

I take it you have looked in Queue Viewer and Message Tracking to be sure the email is leaving your site?

Have you checked if your domain or IP are blacklisted?

Are you using a smarthost or direct delivery?

Do you have a static public IP and properly registered MX records -- if you are on a dynamic IP you will probably need to use your ISP as a smarthost
      We are using mailroute as smarthost.

Comment

Working...
      X