Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 SP1: CCR SummaryCopyStatus is Suspended with increasing CopyQueueLength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 SP1: CCR SummaryCopyStatus is Suspended with increasing CopyQueueLength

Hi All,

Last night I just did fall back my Exchange Server from DR site into production site after I forgot to switch it back to prod after maintenance weekend, however from the "Get-StorageGroupCopyStatus" I noticed that there are some anomalies from the script result below that I executed at certain time interval: [see attached]

Code:
    Get-StorageGroupCopyStatus -Server SIEXCLU01 | Select Identity, CCRTargetNode, SummaryCopyStatus, CopyQueueLength, ReplayQueueLength, Suspend, Seeding, LatestFullBackupTime, ServiceDown, FailedMessage | ft -AutoSize
    Here's the result:
    Code:
    Identity        CCRTargetNode SummaryCopyStatus CopyQueueLength ReplayQueueLength Suspend Seeding LatestFullBackupTime  ServiceDown FailedMessage
    --------        ------------- ----------------- --------------- ----------------- ------- ------- --------------------  ----------- -------------
    SIEXCLU01\SGPUB SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended             543                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:28 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG1   SIEXCR01-VM             Healthy               0                 0   False   False 26/05/2011 7:15:04 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG2   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            2425                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:33 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG3   SIEXCR01-VM             Healthy               0                 0   False   False 26/05/2011 7:15:07 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG4   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            2175                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:31 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG5   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            1893                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:23 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG6   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            1625                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:17 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG7   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            1379                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:12 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG8   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            1597                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:25 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG9   SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            2280                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:20 PM       False              
    SIEXCLU01\SG10  SIEXCR01-VM           Suspended            4625                 0    True   False 20/05/2011 7:15:09 PM       False
    How come the SummaryCopyStatus is Suspended with increasing CopyQueueLength ? The target node is the DR site Mbx cluster.

and also why some of the storage group is in healthy state while the rest is suspended ?

Is this something that I should be worry or no need to do as it will resolve by itself after couple of times ?

I can confirm that there is no backup in progress happening.

Re: Exchange 2007 SP1: CCR SummaryCopyStatus is Suspended with increasing CopyQueueLe

Almost impossible to answer your questions without knowing more about your installation.

In order to work properly the copy status of all storage groups have to be healthy, so you have to continue the replication and watch what is happening then.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2007 SP1: CCR SummaryCopyStatus is Suspended with increasing CopyQueueLe

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
      Almost impossible to answer your questions without knowing more about your installation.

In order to work properly the copy status of all storage groups have to be healthy, so you have to continue the replication and watch what is happening then.
      ok, I suppose If I run this powershell line in the wrong node, what could be the possible result ?

Code:
      Get-StoragegroupCopyStatus | where {$_.summarycopystatus -like "suspended"} | Update-StoragegroupCopy –DeleteExistingFiles
      I'm worried if I selected or executed the script in the wrong node it would delete the mailboxes content.

Comment

Don't worry, Upgrade-StorageGroupCopy can only be run on the passive node.

I'm almost sure you get an error if trying to run it on the active node, but to make it clear I would run a test in a test environment.

Comment

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
          Don't worry, Upgrade-StorageGroupCopy can only be run on the passive node.

I'm almost sure you get an error if trying to run it on the active node, but to make it clear I would run a test in a test environment.
          Thanks for the reply Fisch,

However with the parameter "–DeleteExistingFiles" sounds dangerous because if it deletes the transaction log I won't be able to recover the lost email messages in the databases.

Comment

In case the replication isn't healthy you can't do aynthing with he passive node anyways and of course thats the way the command have to be run.

If you want to have a healthy replication, you have to run this command and you have to delete the existing files, there is no way around that fact.

If you worried about that all, you should consider using a sttandby copy additional maybe with a delayed replay of the log files or even better to migrate further and use Exchange 2010 with three copies.

Comment

Working...
            X