Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database Corrupt. How do I move users to the new database???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Corrupt. How do I move users to the new database???

I am running Exchange 2007 with Version: 08.01.0436.000. My database took a dump yesterday and that is when I found out that my external backup drive was failing. Long story short. I ran eseutil /p and was finally able to get it up and running enough to get the mail exported to .pst files. It will mount without issues but it will not let me transfer half of the mailboxes to the new database that I created. It gives me the following error.

Result IsWarning="False" ErrorCode="-1056749164">Error occurred in the step: Moving messages. Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store with error: MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000</Result>

I really do not care to transfer the data as I can import the pst files I move them. Is there anyway to move these files. I am running out of ideas and the mailboxes that I can not move belong to the big wigs of the company and they want my head.

Re: Database Corrupt. How do I move users to the new database???

If you do not care about the content of the old mailboxes then can you not make a note of the settings, remove the exchange mailbox and then create them a new mailbox on the new store with the same settings?

Comment

Originally posted by beddo View Post
      If you do not care about the content of the old mailboxes then can you not make a note of the settings, remove the exchange mailbox and then create them a new mailbox on the new store with the same settings?
      Is there a way to remove the mailbox without removing them out of AD?

Comment

Move-Mailbox with the -ConfigurationOnly switch (executed in Powershell) would do the job in just pointing mailboxes to a new database without actual moving mailbox content.

And to answer your other question: Yes, there are two options one for removing and one for disable where disable would only delete the connection between the user account and the mailbox ressource.

Comment

Working...
        X