Deleting a Rogue EXCH2010 Database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting a Rogue EXCH2010 Database

I have an exchange 2010 database that has no network or DNS connectivity, the server doesn't exist anymore, the database files that were on it don't exist anymore, but there is still a "rogue" database in the exchange console along side of my good new database that pops up saying "I'm going to expire in 100 days activate me" and shows up everywhere annoying me. I just ran like 100 powershell commands to delete this disconnected database and basically they just say "Sorry no connectivity"... well no kidding it's in the garbage it blew up literally... of course theres no connectivity in DNS, that server doesn't exist nor do the files.

So does anyone know how I delete this rogue database out of my silly console? It just sits there saying unmounted. I can't get rid of it. Yet it still knows its going to expire in 100 days and bothers me lol.

Thanks!

Re: Deleting a Rogue EXCH2010 Database

you will most likley need ADSIEDIT, and to just remove it's references from the schema.

OR, put it back on the network an remove it properly.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Deleting a Rogue EXCH2010 Database

Worked like a charm with ADSIEDIT... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X