Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public folder(s) after transition from 2003

Hello gentlemen.
    I've been fighting against this for more than a week, and couldn't find a solution anywhere so far...

We are completing a transition from Exchange 2003 to 2010.
    Everything seems fine, mailboxes are already in the datastore of the new server, people can access their mail etc...

Now, the company has a few public folders with contacts in them. I already did the procedure for replicating the public folders to the new server, and in fact if I log on OWA with the Administrator account I can see the public contacts.

BUT... the public folders are NOT visible in the Public Folders Management Tool, nor form the Get-PublicFolder cmdlet.
    Only the Administrator can see them; I tried adding other users to all kind of administrative groups but nothing changed.

I hope somebody can shed a light on this, because I'm starting to have nightmares...
    Happy to give more details if needed - and I know it's needed, just tell me what may help.

Thanks!

Re: public folder(s) after transition from 2003

Are the public folders still showing in the 2003 server Public Folder Instances section?

We had problems with one of our moves because the SMTP connector on the 2003 machine was only configured to accept connections from our mail relay and it needs to accept connections from the 2010 server.

Comment

Re: public folder(s) after transition from 2003

Originally posted by beddo View Post
      Are the public folders still showing in the 2003 server Public Folder Instances section?

We had problems with one of our moves because the SMTP connector on the 2003 machine was only configured to accept connections from our mail relay and it needs to accept connections from the 2010 server.
      Yes, the instances are still there. The old server is accepting connections, so unfortunately that's not our case.

Anyway, I used a workaround...
      First, I created a new public folder in the 2010 server.
      Using OWA with the Administrator account, I could copy the contacts from the old public folder to the new one, then I could manage permissions from the Exchange 2010 public folders management console to make them visible to users.
      Using this method I could copy only the root of the old public folder, not the subdirs.
      So, I moved them from the old server's management console into the copy which is in the new server. After a little while, the subfolders appeared in the new server and I could make them visible to clients.

Problem "solved", but I still wonder why the old server could not complete the replica, and why only Administrator could see the partial replica...

Comment

Working...
      X