No announcement yet.

Queue Problems.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queue Problems.

My exchange Server 2010 server has been working perfectly untill the past weeks when I started having queues on my server.
    Its a single server with hub, mailbox and CAS installed on.

The issue is some mails quickly leave the queue but some stay hours before getting delivered. Mails coming into my domain are successfully and quickly delivered.

I am receiving 451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with:"421 4.4.2 service timed out.." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts. The DnsConnectorDelivery is also set on Active and Retry status, but the mails keep on building in the queue. Coupled with these are #5.7.1 sender is not authenticated errors.

I have checked all configurations on my send connectors and nothing seems to have changed. I have not applied any recent updates too.

How can I get around this?.

Last edited by nukunu; 5th May 2011, 16:13.

Re: Queue Problems.

How are you sending mail? Are you using DNS to MX or a smart host? Do you have a static IP? If so have you checked that you've not made your way onto any block lists?

If you're not using a smart host, try routing your email through your ISP or email provider's servers. If you are, try taking it out and you might have to speak to the smart host provider to troubleshoot why they're giving you issues.

I am using DNS to MX to send mail. I have a public IP NATed for my server.

Have you tried any of the suggestions? If you experience the problem using different methods to send mail then you're probably looking at a local problem but if it goes away when you use a smart host then there's your answer.