Outlook Anywhere isn't working / internal IP traffic not going over HTTPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Anywhere isn't working / internal IP traffic not going over HTTPS

We have a single Exchange 2010 SP1 server running on 2008R2 SP1 that I'm not able to get OA set up for. Testexchange.com returns the following:

Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server dolly.precor.local.
    The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
    Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
    Additional Details
    The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

I've set up a sniffer, and I see see traffic going to the internal IP of the mail server port TCP/135. As you can imaging, if I VPN into the network, I am able to connect.

I did import the server certificate and put a host file entry, but this won't do anything for the traffic not being tunneled.

Here's what an RPCPing does:

rpcping -t ncacn_http -s exchange.domain.local -o RpcProxy=mail.domain.com -P "testuser,domain,pwd" -I "testuser,domain,pwd" -H 2 -u 10 -a connect -F 3 -v 3 -E -R none

RPCPing v6.0. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation, 2002-2006
    RPCPing set Activity ID: {e26d8702-dd68-4997-b66b-46a28e23ba31}
    RPCPinging proxy server mail.domain.com with Echo Request Packet
    Setting autologon policy to high
    Setting autologon policy to high
    WinHttpSetCredentials for target server called
    Sending ping to server
    Response from server received: 401
    Client is not authorized to ping RPC proxy
    Ping failed

Thanks for any guidance.
    Last edited by baskervi; 4th May 2011, 04:20.

Re: Outlook Anywhere isn't working / internal IP traffic not going over HTTPS

Never mind. We've done so much since last Friday the domain and Exchange (including rebuilding Exchange twice), we forgot to re-enable OA the second time. It's working. Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X