No announcement yet.

exchange Server 2007 configuration issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange Server 2007 configuration issue

we have some problems to configure Microsoft Exchange 2007, My friend company has an Exchange 2007 installed locally with the Mailbox server role, Cas and hub transport role, they have have a local domain who does not want to be published.
    The internal mail works correctly. Our client has a domain is published and hosted by an email provider in Switzerland.

the needs of the company are as follows:

1- configure the local exchange 2007 in order to receive all messages from the web server that hosts, keeping a copy on the web server.
    2- configure Exchange 2007 so that local users can use their local account to send messages internally and externally. Thatís mean in Outlook 2007 users have one address:

my friend has created two SMTP connectors (Send Connector), (Receive Connector) but it did not work. Because of
    authentication problem with the mail server on the Internet.

Is it possible to do this architecture.

could you help me solve this problem. thank you in advance

Re: exchange Server 2007 configuration issue

Exchange natively cannot do what you want. It has no means to retrieve email from another server and leave the email on that server. You would need to use a third party tool to do that.

Exchange is designed to be used with SMTP delivery - where MX records are pointing directly to the server.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Thank's Simon for that information, what about if I publish the exchange can I do that?

Thank's in advance.

You could use a Pop collector with Exchange. There's plenty of free one's out there that will allow you to "Pop" mail into Exchange whilst leaving the messages on the source.

Naturally this will only work providing the source is advertising itself as a POP3 server. Plus this doesn't allow for much in the way of message hygiene unless the source is providing the mail filtering.

thank's, I will trie it