X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migrate from exch2007sp1on win2003 R2 to exch2007 sp3 on win2008R2

hi every body
    i have exchange server 2007 SP1 on windows server 2003 64x R2
    I have now created a virtual machine with win2008 R2 and installed exchange 2007 SP3
    the main of this thread is i need to make the new exchange 2007 Sp3 is the only exchange server and remove the old one.
    so would u please guide me how to perform this task

Re: migrate from exch2007sp1on win2003 R2 to exch2007 sp3 on win2008R2

Install all required roles (MB/CAS/HT) on new server as part of same Exchange Org
    Move Mailboxes
    Re-issue certificates on new CAS server
    Re-create server specific connectors
    Move OAB generation
    Probably a few more, but will help you out http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

But why not move to Exchange 2010 ?-- far more features (DAGs, Archive Mailboxes, better OWA...)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: migrate from exch2007sp1on win2003 R2 to exch2007 sp3 on win2008R2

thanks for reading my post
      thank you Ossian for your help
      just i wanna clearify that im using the exchange internally only
      - and the publiv folder in not used at all

i did the following
      1- installed the exchange 2007 sp3 on win2008 R2 2- moved the mail boxes from the first exchange server to the new one
      3- moved the OAB to the new exchange
      4- created second storge group on the new exchange and created public folder database

the issue now is
      i tried to delete the public folder database from the fisrt exchange serve
      a massaged said that "the public folder data base ---- is the defualt public folder database for the following mailbox data bases :
      the new exchange name
      the first exchage name

before deleting the public folder database assign anew public folder database to the mail box databasess.

the process in not clear for me ! what should i do ?

Comment

Working...
      X