Exchange 2007 UM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 UM

I came into a job that the Exchange server is holding all roles on the main system. I would like to setup a different server for the UM and CAS role. I have never added these roles after they have been setup on the core system. I was going to setup the UM and CAS roles on a VM. What is involved in moving the roles being my Exchange skills are not that strong but I can get around pretty good.

Re: Exchange 2007 UM

The UM is not supported by MS when virtualised. Most voice related software is not supported virtualised.
    Virtualising the CAS is no problem though. Simply introduce the new CAS and then remove the previous role. That said its important to know which version of Exchange you are using as this process will be very different if 2010 as opposed to 2007. You might want to set up a CAS array first if using 2010. That way ensures less disruption for clients.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2007 UM

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
      The UM is not supported by MS when virtualised. Most voice related software is not supported virtualised.
      Virtualising the CAS is no problem though. Simply introduce the new CAS and then remove the previous role. That said its important to know which version of Exchange you are using as this process will be very different if 2010 as opposed to 2007. You might want to set up a CAS array first if using 2010. That way ensures less disruption for clients.
      Thanks for the reply sorry it took me so long to get back, I've been pretty busy.

What about virtualising the MB role on a VM? And also how hard is it to remove the MB role from the Exchange server? Is there any whit papers on this so I can have for reading?

Comment

Working...
      X